Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New UK E585: New Firmware on these?

Hi,

I've just got some latest E585 modems (UK ,Three branded) and they seem to have new firmware that DC-Unlock does not detect. Older e585's have always unlocked without issue first time, but these are brand new from store today and they just will not be detected by DC-Unlock.

Is there any diagnostic code I can pull out of DC-unlocker to help see whats changed? I'm a dongle user if that helps.

DC-Unlocker now just reads;

---
    DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0565

Detecting card :

selection :
    manufacturer - Huawei modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)

card not found !
    ---

Any pointers?

Cheers.

Originally posted by davecurtains View Post
    Hi,

I've just got some latest E585 modems (UK ,Three branded) and they seem to have new firmware that DC-Unlock does not detect. Older e585's have always unlocked without issue first time, but these are brand new from store today and they just will not be detected by DC-Unlock.

Is there any diagnostic code I can pull out of DC-unlocker to help see whats changed? I'm a dongle user if that helps.

DC-Unlocker now just reads;

---
    DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0565

Detecting card :

selection :
    manufacturer - Huawei modems
    model - Auto detect (recommended)

card not found !
    ---

Any pointers?

Cheers.
    Please, be sure that the modem is correctly installed before run autodetect.
    If really firmware version is changed, please select "Unknow Huawei Modem" from Select Model list, before to run autodetect

Comment

If you can not detect modem you should check the fallowing:
      Check, if the drivers are installed
      Check, if the connection software for this modem is closed and modem is not connected to internet
      Check, if you use autodetect function in dc-unlocker software
      Check, if you use latest dc-unlocker software version.

Comment

Yep - done all checks and everything is as it should be to unlock.

I've even reinstalled the drivers that are on these devices. I know the drivers are working as I can see the simlock web page that the device defaults to when its not got a valid SIM card in there.

I've tried unknown Huawei modem, Autodetect and also manually selecting it and setting COM ports manually. Nothing will make DC-Unlock detect these modems.

Like I said, older models are fine. These do appear to be new firmware and came from the store today.

Is there any diagnostics I can enable to help see whats going on?

Cheers and thanks for your help so far...

Comment

Originally posted by davecurtains View Post
          Yep - done all checks and everything is as it should be to unlock.

I've even reinstalled the drivers that are on these devices. I know the drivers are working as I can see the simlock web page that the device defaults to when its not got a valid SIM card in there.

I've tried unknown Huawei modem, Autodetect and also manually selecting it and setting COM ports manually. Nothing will make DC-Unlock detect these modems.

Like I said, older models are fine. These do appear to be new firmware and came from the store today.

Is there any diagnostics I can enable to help see whats going on?

Cheers and thanks for your help so far...
          What devices you see for this modem in device manager?

Comment

I just bought a e585 from 3 uk 2 days ago, and got almost the same porblem...

the firmware version of my e585 is 1026.11.64.18.505sp01

Also, there is no such "3G Application Interface" port exist after installing the driver provided inside the e585's virtual cdrom. Only "3G PC UI Interface" port is available.

I've searched Internet and find that, "3G Application Interface" is actually the diagnostic port for HUAWEI mifi, while "3G PC UI Interface" is only the modem port.
            If the information i found above is ture, that means, it is no way to obtain the unlock code from diagnostic log, until someone find a way to reopen the port...

Comment

If someone has this device with new firmware (where only one port can be seen), could you send one of these to us for test? Then we would be able to check more.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
                If someone has this device with new firmware (where only one port can be seen), could you send one of these to us for test? Then we would be able to check more.
                Hi Vincentas,

I can do this. Please PM me your details and I'll get one sent to you asap!

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by xcaix View Post
                  I just bought a e585 from 3 uk 2 days ago, and got almost the same porblem...

the firmware version of my e585 is 1026.11.64.18.505sp01
                  Pleased you've been able to confirm it as well as me. Theres probably not too many of this new version around yet but they are definately beginning to filter out to the stores so it won't be long before these become the norm.

I'm not too surprised Three have tried to tighten this up as they hold an exclusive on this modem so must be trying to block out unlocks altogether.

Comment

Hi
                    Can you let me know when there is a solution for this please, I have a e585 that isn't being detected - purchased this week.

Cheers

Comment

We have received the device today and are working on enabling port.

Comment

Originally posted by Vincentas View Post
                        We have received the device today and are working on enabling port.
                        ...any news?

Comment

Originally posted by Fakiro View Post
                          ...any news?
                          Next week we hope to have solution for this problem.

Comment

firmware.....

hi all......
                            i need to re flash an E585 with some firmware
                            as the current firmware is not working too good and keeps crashing the oel display screen.... ( basically the modem wont work )
                            has anyone got any links / files etc..... that i can use to re flash?
                            any help would be cool ( yes i have tried the reset button )

cheers matt

Comment

Hi Vincentas
                              Is there any news on this? Is it working yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X