Problem with Kyivstar Huawei E1550

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Kyivstar Huawei E1550

Ordered 3 unlocked modems from Ukraine. The DC Unlocker says that the modems are all unlocked, but they still do not recognize any of local simcards. Original Kyivstar simcard is not available.

Below you can see the log of one of the modems:

Code:
    DC - Unlocker 2 Client 1.00.0460

Detecting card :

selection :
    manufacturer - Huawei datacards
    model - Auto detect

Found modem         : E1550
    Model               : Huawei E1550 (Kyivstar)
    IMEI                : 359124038013699
    Firmware            : 11.608.14.11.174
    Dashboard version   : UTPS11.300.13.00.03_MAC11.301.06.00.03
    Serial NR.          : B55TAA1012348812
    Voice feature       : enabled
    SIM Lock status     : unlocked
    Wrong codes entered : 0 (unlock attempts left : 10)

===================================================================
    Trying to flash the E155XUpdate_11.608.14.11.158.B416 firmware results in following error:

Can anyone tell me what is wrong with these modems? And what steps need to be taken to put them in working order?

Huawei 1550 unlocking and how it works.
    modems have pin code stored in modem. If other sim (not original sim) is inserted with disabled pin number,
    or other pin number, then modem modem will enter wrong pin number to sim card and will block it. This is reason why you see no network with unlocked modem.
    Same would happen with not unlocked modem also.
    The solution is that user should always use sim card that has sim pin enabled. Pin code must be 1234. Other pin code not accepted.

Try and post results.

Comment

I tried everything as you advised, but without any success.

The simcard works perfectly in other modem, which is from 3 and was unlocked using only NCK code.

Here are some more screenshots:

Comment

Any other ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by macciavelli View Post
          Any other ideas?
          Well. The main idea is - modems from Kyivstar WOULD NOT WORK in operator networks which (networks) belong to or whos shareholders is TELENOR company. IMEIs of these modems are in BLACK lists in THESE networks.

Comment

Any other ideas?
            BTW - if you leave SIM-card in modem with opened Diagnostics tab, would it says REJECTED in "Network status" tab in Registration lines after five minutes or so?

Comment

Nope, it is not rejected, so the IMEI is not in the black list. I've left the SIM inside for quite some time and no text has changed, everything is the same as in screenshots in my earlier post.

Comment

Nope, it is not rejected, so the IMEI is not in the black list. I've left the SIM inside for quite some time and no text has changed, everything is the same as in screenshots in my earlier post.
                But its impossible - there is a timeout time while registering in GSM/UMTS network. Did you try sim card of the other operator with this modem?

Comment

I have tried only one sim card, the one that works perfectly in another unlocked e1550 (made for 3 network).

I have another sim card of a different operator, but unfortunately, I don't remember the pin code. Its a very old sim card and all of its documentation is lost.

Comment

I have tried only one sim card, the one that works perfectly in another unlocked e1550 (made for 3 network).

I have another sim card of a different operator, but unfortunately, I don't remember the pin code. Its a very old sim card and all of its documentation is lost.
                    The point of my message was - try simcard from different operator then the one you tryed before and tell us the result.

Comment

Originally posted by panatar View Post
                      The point of my message was - try simcard from different operator then the one you tryed before and tell us the result.
                      Yeah, I got it.

Same thing, nothing changes over time.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by panatar View Post
                        Well. The main idea is - modems from Kyivstar WOULD NOT WORK in operator networks which (networks) belong to or whos shareholders is TELENOR company. IMEIs of these modems are in BLACK lists in THESE networks.
                        work only Ukraine network 255-XX

Comment

Originally posted by pallumobile View Post
                          Huawei 1550 unlocking and how it works.
                          modems have pin code stored in modem. If other sim (not original sim) is inserted with disabled pin number,
                          or other pin number, then modem modem will enter wrong pin number to sim card and will block it. This is reason why you see no network with unlocked modem.
                          Same would happen with not unlocked modem also.
                          The solution is that user should always use sim card that has sim pin enabled. Pin code must be 1234. Other pin code not accepted.

Try and post results.
                          Its not applicable to Ukrainian E1550.

Comment

Hold on till Tuesday - right now modem will work only with Ukrainian simcards. Solution will be implemented in the next DC-Unlocker release.

Comment

Thanks a lot, I'll wait of course

Comment

Working...
                              X